July 23, 2022

Famous Last Words

Just had a 10 minute conversation with my mom about how she wants to buy back her old house. I tried to dodge the question because:

a) she sold the house in 2015 and is using the money

b) it's 40 minutes to an hour away from my house -- me, the ungrateful person who she needs help from

c) nobody sells a house to a 94.5-year-old-lady

d) she can't understand what I am saying to her unless it is the word "yes". When she is in this state, she literally cannot hear or understand words that are not "yes" (and I am not kidding)

Finally I said "Do you want to talk about anything besides the house? I heard you had a nice visit today with my sister." 

Mom: “You can’t help me figure out who owns the house? 

Me: "No, mama"

Mom: "You never were over generous.” 

Click

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails