August 29, 2022

An Easy-ish Day

Mrsguy was not eager to recreate the literal madness of the day before, a day that began with my mom telling me "You *know* that there is nothing wrong with me. You *know* that," and ended with her wearing herself out only after hours of haranguing me. Poor mama. She so hates what I've done to her.

I arrived to find her attending the morning programming and dozing off. The complete opposite of the day before. Was she worn out or was it the Seroquel? TBD. I took a seat nearby and let her be peaceful. Eventually I joined her for part of a movie and lunch (uneventful) and some tennis. I didn't stay much past the witching hour. My middle sister called, and I heard mom say "We're just going to be here a little longer and then go home," and I knew that was my cue. I found our PAL, said "Hey, I'm going home and need cover," and booked it out of there. 

Never have I been more grateful to water the garden. Meanwhile mrguy, oldest neph and oldest neph wife tackled the last of mom's old apartment. The fridge and the patio took them several hours to clean. There is more to do over there.

I'm not going to see my mom tomorrow. I need a break.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails