November 6, 2023

For MrGuy -- Nobody Else Really Needs To Read This

This post is for the benefit of mrguy, after a week of mom stuff.

Monday -- relatively fine

Tuesday -- my sister loses her calendar. Realizes that she hasn't told me about upcoming caregiver days that we need covered soon. I tell her to start using the Google calendar. She says that she will. After lunch I have to leave work to help the caregiver. My mom is acting out.

Wednesday -- took a personal day because this is hard. Alzheimer's support group in the pm.

Thursday -- a caregiver bails on us and I learn (via text while I'm in a meeting) that we suddenly need coverage for Friday. I leave a phone message with the agency. Then I go back to work in the collection and get pulled into a different meeting. Then I learn that the hillside near our house is on fire. My sister also calls the agency. Then I text her to say please stop. I am on it. Then I get a text from her saying that we no longer need a sub, and I get *back* in touch with the agency and tell them that we don't need help. The fire on the hillside is out. I ask my sister to let me be the contact with the agency. She is hurt. Elapsed time: 1.5 hours

Friday -- mom is behaving well. Mrguy and I get Covid vaccines and are feeling poorly for the next few days.

Saturday -- mom is behaving well.

Sunday -- I'm the contact for the caregiver, who lets me know that mom's mood is getting ugly. I put on my pants and go over there to intervene. I walk into the memory care neighborhood and hear her yelling "Nooooo!" She's reaching around to hit her caregiver, who is dealing with it really well. I get my mom's attention and tell her to stop. She growls '"What are you DOING?!" and I tell her we're going back to her apartment. I have brought a cart full of supplies with me. She latches onto the end of my cart, so I pull the cart and drag her back to her apartment with the caregiver pushing from behind.

Once in her apartment, she's still having a fit. She says that her caregiver is trying to hurt her (all while flailing her arms and trying to hurt the woman). We get her onto the sofa, and she quasi relaxes. By relaxing, I mean that she's no longer flailing. Instead, she's grabbing my arm and pressing her fingernails into my veins declaring "She's hurting me!!!! You don't love me. You don't care about me. All you care about is yourself!!" I tell her I love her, and I try to comfort her. She starts punching whatever that big muscle is on the topside of the forearm, and I think "That almost feels good!" It is not lost on me that she is hurting me while telling me that I am hurting her.

Whatever

She starts talking about sex again. She says that she'll tell the world that I like sex. She starts taunting me about how I only love myself *and* how I don't like myself. She rubs her hands up and down her midriff over and over while telling me that I like my body. 

Honestly, this does suck. What do I owe her?

Monday -- another week. The same flaky caregiver asks for a random day off this week, and I add it to the schedule for the agency to figure out. I write an email telling my sister not to come for Christmas if it's for mom's sake. My sister emails me to say that the caregiver now says she doesn't need the day off after all. I tell the agency.

My sister still hasn't put the dates in the Google calendar.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails