February 29, 2024

Another Health Update

And this is where mrsguy will turn into a cancer blog at times. Mrguy was in the hospital from the 17th through the 25th and was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. He's home now, while we wait for next steps. There's shock, fear, sadness, more fear. I have used all of my connections and information systems to try to bring myself up to speed, and try to move the process faster. This is my precious person!! My approach is stressing out the patient, and I don't know how to do it a different way, and I feel like I have my own needs. There is so much to know: about treatment, about expectations, about doing the myriad things that he does if his treatment makes him too sick to do them for a while. Surgery or chemo are no joke! People often are hospitalized from the affects of the chemo (fevers, infections).

A separate diagnosis from the cancer is normal pressure hydrocephaly. That has to be treated separately, and urgently. That may be partly behind the migraines. He will have an in-person appointment on the 12th. Oddly, his headaches had stopped for a while right before and during the first part of his hospitalization. Our primary says that this might be due to a lower salt diet. Makes so much sense.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails