August 12, 2007

Trouble in Sumoland

My sumo boyfriend is on the ropes, to mix sumo and boxing metaphors.

Asashoryu, the first yokozuna from Mongolia, called in sick with an injury and then went to Mongolia to play a charity soccer match. He was captured on a cel phone video playing soccer, taking some hits and enjoying himself.

When word got back to Japan, he was suspended and put under house arrest until November 25th. He's depressed, but won't seek treatment. Here's the story from one of the international papers. And this from sumotalkdotcom

What is it with my sumo boyfriends?

My first sumo boyfriend was Akebono, the first foreign yokozuna (aka, Chad Rowan from Waimanalo). I still have such a soft spot for him. He must be on the outs with everybody in sumo because he wasn't at the big sumo tournament in Hawaii this year. And only the dinkiest picture of him appears in the program. And the Hawaiian media pretty much ignored his absence, which seems odd.

Oh well I guess I just like bad boys.

Here he is recently on Guam radio

Sumo. L.A. 2008. Oh yeah!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails