March 2, 2019

Fred Flintstone

I guess I'd file this under "Favorite Things". 

This is the Fred Flintstone bank that I found at Thrift Town when we lived in the city. It confirmed my methodology of always looking high and low while shopping there. Fred was on a high shelf.

When we moved to the old place and seriously started saving money, I'd put all of my change in him. We were soooo poor that I'd give mrguy a hard time whenever he bought something that I thought he didn't need, like a mango. "Put the mango dollar in Fred" is still code around here for "don't spend that money you're about to spend". Those words are spoken less frequently now, but I still feel like if I need to I can go back to being that person.

Now Fred lives on the floor in the office and holds the closet doors closed so that the cats can't rampage in our belongings. He still eats my change.

Good Fred.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails