March 24, 2019

Hawaii 2014, Day 1

While organizing photos recently I realized that I had half-written a blog for a trip to Hawaii in 2014. Not wanting to waste it, and missing Hawaii, I am reconstructing the blog for that trip.

+++
The ride over was uneventful, except for the guy behind me, who hadn't been on a plane in awhile. He sneezed and snored and snapped his fingers in time with his music. When his big toe would gently poke my rump through my seat back, I'd grab it through the cushions and move it aside. Then he brought down his tray table and shuffled a deck of cards for about 5 minutes. Ffffffft! Clack clack clack.

Somehow that stuff, which would usually infuriate me, didn't really bug me. The miracle of vacation.

It's our first trip to Hawaii in two years. It's raining like crazy. I don't really care that it's grey and rainy. We're having a drought at home and it's nice to at least visit the rain.

We visited the La Mariana Sailing Club for lunch. The menu has changed. I was looking forward to my retro shrimp Louie salad – pink cold shrimpy fingers on a 1000 Island Iceburg wedge. Instead I had a sandwich with sprouts. Miss the Louie, but perhaps it was for the best.

After a nap, Chiba-ken. Very loud, but just right.

I love you, Honolulu.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails