June 27, 2020

Flowers For Mom

Tomorrow I'm going to see my mom for the first time in several weeks -- since her trip to the Midwest and back, constipation, quarantine, negative COVID test, move from Zyprexa to Haldol, and all that that entails for her and for my sister who is in charge.

I hear she's eager to see me, but I also hear from my sister that my idea of a sidewalk visit (which is what I feel safe doing) "simply *does not* satisfy and never will." To her credit, my grumpy sister has been taking care of mom for weeks, now, and it's been awful for her, I'm sure. Not to her credit, I think this was all her idea, but she thinks it all had to happen because I wouldn't take my mom for drives.

Neat!!

So tomorrow I will walk into the lion's den, where I never satisfy and hand over some flowers that I think are pretty that my family will turn their nose up at and rearrange.

Meantime, I think the flowers are pretty. The blue berries are Dianella tasmanica (Tasman Flax Lily), which really pops with the orange succulent flowers.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails