June 10, 2020

When All Else Fails

Kittens. The answer to everything. I can't wait until this baby can come out of the bathroom he's in and can join the rest of the family. He's impossibly nice. Purrs like a demon and then pauses to make a sharp and percussive meow. He doesn't cry for any apparent reason. We think it's just because he's happy.


And...the little guy is clever. I've had (and loved) some simple cats but this one figures things out quickly. He is a good distraction from the world of the mama, which is currently under the management of my sister. 

So the scene is that my mom melted down, cops, breaking stuff, etc. The doctor prescribed medicine that my sister referred to as "poison" and when we had a recheck with the doctor he doubled the dose, which made my sister white with rage. She flew here to take mom back home, but stayed, only dealing with Mom and the caregivers, and didn't talk to anyone for a week.

She felt that mom would be better if she were able to get away from her apartment. Every day she took my mom out for a car ride of one to four hours length. She said it's helping her not freak out. Or maybe it's the medication the doctor prescribed. Mom isn't breaking things and yelling any longer, but she's pretty doped up. Sis wanted us to get blood labs for mom so she can take them to a psychiatrist who might tweak her meds. We were ready to do it but then realized that going to a lab would potentially expose her to sick people, and that if we took her to a psychiatrist and that doctor did not agree with our sister, she'd be mad and not listen. 

Then there was the Covid scare of a few days ago because Mom was sniffling and had a cough. I reluctantly mentioned that she often gets sneezy on windy days, which it was. I'm the youngest, and my opinion is not to be trusted.

Two days ago she took Mom home with her for an undetermined amount of time -- supposedly so she can keep mom out of memory care. And because none of us would do as she asked -- continuing her daily routine of Driving Miss Daisy, daily. My sibs live too far away. I won't break social distancing, and I work, and I don't see what driving Mom every day solves. It isn't a plan.









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails