June 27, 2020

Goodbye Old Friend

Mrguy has been painting the Lady Bathroom for me, which is a project we've been talking about for years. It is now two glorious colors of pink, and I am redecorating. With that in mind, it's time to say goodbye to the shipwreck painting that I rescued at an auction.



The great thing about working at the forklift factory is that people know a good shipwreck painting when they see it. I posted a message to our bulletin board, advertising the painting's "sailing vessels, castles, roiling seas, clouds (or smoke) and dudes in hats", and within an hour I had someone over here picking up the painting (in social distancing fashion). OK and it was free.

Turned out that the guy who wanted it is one of mrguy's friends from college, an assembler at the factory. Funny. It will go in his office, and his wife will be none the wiser.

In its place will go this little painting, by a friend, that I bought at a charity auction this week.



So pink!
So charitable!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails