June 20, 2020

Random Haps

Mom is back in the state. Her visit with my sister didn't go as planned. I think they're getting COVID tests today to see whether they can get her safely back to her community. After that I don't know what happens. We're still sheltering in place over here, and my mom has been on two plane rides in two weeks, so I hope she and my sister are ok.

This week I hit the wall with a project that I've been supporting for many years. First I realized that I can't actually make the project better, then I realized I can't do it any more. That was actually depressing, because I might be made to continue. More later.

On the up side, mrguy is painting the lady bathroom for me.

I have started randomly poking plants into the barren hump of land in the middle of our street.


Boy Kitten is still in isolation for another couple of weeks, and he keeps growing like crazy.



Yesterday I made chicken and slickers, which was quite tasty.

And I have been working on the aku room. I bought two benches and organized the plants I've been growing in there. Today I might try to make an upside down tomato pot out of a cranberry juice jug.




We had a beautiful sunset the other day.



And last week I made a bunch of succulent cuttings and people from the "Buy Nothing" group on Facebook took them away. And yes, that's poison oak in the bush above!



When times are tough (family, police brutality, futility, pandemic), it sometimes helps to document the good stuff.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails