December 19, 2021

A Different Kind of List for 2022. In the meantime, 2021

How about a plain old "Things I'd Like To Do" list for 2022? I'll work on that. But in the meantime, 2021.

Last year I made lime pickle (which nobody liked, but I made it).

This year I had some successes with:
  • Plum sauce (makes me deeply happy)
  • Marmalade (so fun to make!)
  • Kefir (success! many batches!)
  • Rhubarb pies (3. Not great. Stop me if I try again!)
I finally had my metal furniture powder coated after all these years.

I received and shared things on my Buy Nothing group (ex: today I'm picking up two pumpkins and giving away canna rhizomes). I gave away most of the things in my etsy closet and also gave away cat grass.

I supported and will appear in a documentary (upcoming).

I tried a juice fast and learned that I am not a juice fast person.

I finally found a reading lamp that is the perfect size.

I hired a cat therapist as seen on tv.

I hired a person therapist, originally for my sister and I, but ultimately for myself. It helped.

We started a lemon giveaway on our porch and now neighbors come by to receive lemons.

I bought my first Crocs (platform, tie die) and bought a second pair.

I ordered live ladybugs, twice. First batch was from Brooklyn.

I came to love my light pink camellias.

I inadvertently grew 13 tomato plants, gave half away, and ate yellow tomatoes much of the summer. Seeds are already in the ground for 2022.

I finally ordered vpn to allow me to use resources in distant libraries but ultimately figured out a way to simply subscribe to Bergens Tidende yesterday and find obituaries of my ancestors.

I bought my own allspice tree. It is alive, but not thriving.

I subscribed to a veggie box again and then stopped it when the winter veggies were in season.

Our doctor retired and now I have a young doctor who makes you do the things. I am doing (some of) the things.

And rather than chasing 2021 away with a broom, I am inviting in 2022 with hope and curiosity and crossing my fingers that I'll be able to find its beauty, no matter how small.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails