December 27, 2021

Pumpkins

As readers of mrsguy know, my neighborhood Buy Nothing group is the best. 

Last week someone was giving away pumpkins and I couldn't see them go to waste, so I raised my hand for these two beauties, which were much larger in person than they appeared in this photo. I juuuuust managed to herk one under each arm and get to the car.

Then the fun began! I made pumpkin risotto. And some of the best pumpkin soup of my life, which I served to my people on Christmas Eve. And pumpkin koftas, which were fabulous. More on that later. But I still have more pumpkin, so I think more soup is in the offing.

I am recovering from Christmas with the mama, so all I want to do today is cook. Mrguy asked me what my plans were for the day, and I declared that I was going to clean the kitchen, foul the kitchen and clean the kitchen. 

My idea of a good time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails