December 29, 2021

Some Thoughts on 2022

I like cooking, and have made some dishes in 2021 that I'd contemplated making for years.

In the upcoming year I'd like to go through my recipe binder, which mostly contains recipes I have collected and *never* made, and to give some of them the old test drive. I already started with these two -- Minnie's Morsels for Mature Cats and Pumpkin Koftas in Creamed Spinach Sauce. And here's my review:

Minnie's Morsels? Hard thumbs down! I made it as a Christmas gift for a friend and they simply fell apart. Boo!

Koftas? Insanely delicious. I didn't find kale at the Pan-Asian grocery, but they had something called Chinese Spinach. And I had bought some chrysanthemum greens. And had some frozen spinach on hand. All of that and the herbs specified in the recipe made for a delicious and delicately herbal puree. And I think I will make more purees in the future. Love a new concept to add to my bag of tricks.


PS This recipe was made with my free pumpkin. I finally finished off the pumpkin by making another batch of soup. 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails