October 16, 2022

Malaise: I'll Take It!

Yep.  Day 2 was worse than Day 1! Body aches all over. Shooting pains. Lungs full of goo. Good times! I slept to The Crown most of the day and night.

The scene with my mom is interesting. She has asymptomatic covid and she's in the hospital with small pelvis fractures. The nurse says she's agitated, and my sisters could visit her if they were willing to put themselves at risk. I told middle sister that she should save herself and let mom rage at strangers. Otherwise they'll beg my sister to take her home. That would be bad, because we don't know where she's going. My older sister is in charge of the next steps. 

Older sister is alternating between sending texts asking for info that sound kinda desperate and taking her role as #1 on the decision list for my mom's care seriously. At this point I just have to let them figure it out and not interfere because I'm a drooling puddle of protoplasm.

On the upside, I slept some. And I felt well enough to get my own popsicle out of the freezer. Popsicle was part of an immense care package provided by my nephew and his family. Such a lifeline. He asked what I needed and I said I'd appreciate some more kleenex and popsicles. What arrived was two boxes of popsicles, four boxes of kleenex, mucinex, some hydration supplies, cough drops -- all in a unicorn bag. Wow that all helped. 

Yes! But it's not like now that the crisis phase has ended that i'm dancing the tarantella or anything. I'm a sick pup. As i just told a friend, Covid doesn't really have phases but i feel like I feel different this morning. Less stabbing, more malaise. 

I'll Take It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails