January 27, 2007

Our Last Day

On our last day we walked around and made sure we touched the sand, looked at Diamond Head and played uke. Mr Guy had a hankering for a classic Hawaiian plate lunch, so we ended up here:

We took our lunch to the mall, where we ate and did last minute shopping, including a peek inside Tiffany, where Mr Guy claims the guards are armed with tasers. This is the sort of thing you notice when you aren't dressed to go to Tiffany. My outfit consisted of rubber flip flops from the ABC store, shorts from Goodwill and a Dengue Fever t-shirt. But I wasn't going to miss the chance to see Tiffany jewelry in person, so we went in.

There I was, happily engrossed in the Etoile line display case, when out of nowhere a piece of rice from my $5 plate lunch broke free from its hiding place, became airborne and performed horrible slow motion acrobatic feats in front of my eyes, finally landing in a splat on the glass.

Oh the drama of the rice grain. I had besmirched the gleaming counter of Tiffany & Co. I couldn't disown the rice because that's not right, but under the watchful eye of beautifully dressed men with tasers I also couldn't move quickly or dispose of it by putting it in my pocket or purse. I slowly reached out, pinched the rice between my fingers and carried it around with me until I left. Whew.


Safely back in Waikiki, we went for a swim and then ate dinner at L'Uraku.



That's it. So ends our trip to Hawaii (after some music at the Halekulani, and a visit to the top of the Ilikai).


Such a good time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails