July 4, 2016

Bananas 2016

Today I dispatched the remaining two dozen or so bananas that I had retrieved from the ancestral chest freezer. Readers of mrsguy may recall that when we cleaned out the house last summer there were more than 40 frozen bananas found lurking. We now have two loaves of banana bread and some banana drying in the dehydrator. Our house reeks of bananas! There are worse things.

The carnage:



The dryer:


And I had company in the kitchen. In the previous incarnation of the kitchen she would observe from her perch on top of the garbage can. We've hidden those but bought her stools to sit on.


The dehydrator was a modified success. Needs more drying time, I believe. I care not. And mrguy is so pleased to have a banana-free freezer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails