November 22, 2020

2020 Coronavirus Charlie Brown Tree(tm)

I decided to get artificial trees for Mom and I this year. 

As I was writing this I started describing all of the reasons why an artificial tree was necessary. I'm not allowed to come into Mom's apartment and set up the tree. The caregivers would have to do the setup and lights themselves...that kind of thing. As I was making excuses I realized that I actually feel deeply guilty about the tree. I feel most guilty about not wanting to take the risk of going into Home Depot to buy a real one. And because it will not be easy but easier to do it this way.

I got an artificial tree that looks "normal" for the mama, and a super Charlie Brown-ish artificial tree for us. We'll try it out this year and if she likes it, I will get her a better looking one next Christmas when she's almost 95. 

The Charlie Brown tree came a few days ago and I put it together. It's hilarious -- basically wire, brown electrical tape, green sprizzles, red "berries" and lights. I had planned to decorate it with only my most precious ornaments and the box of BABBO. But then something wonderful happened: an online estate sale that had vintage ornaments that look just like the COVID-19 virus.

Here, in all of its glory, is The 2020 Coronavirus Charlie Brown Tree(tm). I'm actually in love with it.



We'll see how Mom's goes next week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails