November 14, 2020

Urns

From last week:

What did you do today?

Oh, a friend's widower asked the crowd for ideas of what kind of urn to get for her.

My idea: a vintage Wedgewood jasperware biscuit jar. Think about it. They often depict women in diaphanous gowns and almost funerary broken column kinds of images. It would be perfect. My own ashes? I've told mrguy that I'd like my ashes to go in here (that is until scattering):

From this week:

What did you do today?

Jury's still out on the urn. I was not a close friend of this person, but liked her so so much. And it turns out that her friends think that she would look good in an urn that looks like Japanese gold repair Kintsugi. And it still looks like an urn and not as I imagine my friend, so I suggested something else.

Don't procrastinate on that stuff, People! Mrguy knows that when I go, I want to be scattered off a boat, with jazz playing (Bill Evans?), just as we did with the big guy. My sparkles can eventually mingle with his, and with my pop's, or at least the part of my pop that ended up in the ocean, not the part that ended up at my brother's property which eventually became a pot farm. He would have HATED that.

Maybe the lesson, here, is to arrange to have yourself cremated and entrust your ashes to a service that will hide them from your family! 

Whatever you do, make a plan. Most people don't enjoy this sort of thing as much as I do, but don't leave your people to figure it out for you or you will end up in an urn that has both kintsugi and the Pink Panther.

Kill Clouseau!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails