September 26, 2022

Framing Session

A month or so ago I was looking for artwork to spiff up the new new bathroom. I bought a really great poster from Palisades Amusement Park, but it turned out to be a reproduction. I wanted something fancier for the bathroom. Still, Palisades makes a great zoom backdrop, bookended by two velvet paintings we've had for 30 years.

Then I read or listened to a profile about a female acrobat (whose name I can no longer recall) and my research led me to an active auction of circus posters. I fell in love with a few of them, especially the ones that did not feature animals.

My eldest sister offered me a day off on Saturday, and I finally was able to take the posters and a few other items that I've wanted to frame during the pandemic to the art store. Yes, I usually do conservation framing, but honestly what for? It was still a ton of dough.

So here we are! And yesterday, when my mom was napping, I was able to determine the location and date of the Elkton circus performance. Elkton, Maryland, 1941.

In two weeks I should have the posters back.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails