September 26, 2022

Good News, Bad News

So the bad news is mrguy bought us tickets for Bryan Ferry and got a migraine.

The good news is I had taken the day off, and now I am flopped in bed with my toasty boy cat and get to watch sumo with one friend and chat with another. Earlier in the day I also:

1) Picked up my new glasses at the eye dr.
2) Dropped off a dog anchor at my friend's house. The dog anchor was new, and I found it during the coastal cleanup two weeks ago. My friend said that if she wasn't home I could leave it in her car, so I did.
3) Had custom plexi cut for a table, which is now creamy white with a bright red plexi top. 
4) Had two other pieces of plexi cut, one for a table that I bought for five bucks and also had powdercoated white, and another to top a tiny bureau that I got for free. The frosted white plexi didn't quite cover the marks underneath it but...
5) I went to the hardware store and bought white and black paint so I could
6) Repaint the house numbers on the street in front of our house (currently drying, and not as straightforward a process as one would think) and I
7) Successfully painted the marks on the top of the tiny bureau but got lots of overspray on the drawers, so I had to use a lot of acetone to get the paint off. Top looks great now.

And Amazon delivered my other spray paint today and I have spray paint experience now for painting out the dumpster boobs.

Oh wait! And I also printed out documentation for mrguy to use when shipping something to my sister in Minnesota. Granny bought these erotic / "medicine" dolls in either Japan or Hong Kong in the 1950s. They were in glass fronted cabinets in our dining room when I was growing up. My sister really wants them and I have had them in my garage for years because I wasn't sure how to ship old ivory from state to state. Turns out that there isn't a problem because they're over 100 years old and no money is changing hands. But I printed out documentation anyway. And this will be one more thing I don't have to think about. Thanks to mrguy.

Woo! 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails