August 12, 2008

All-One!

It's Olympics time again. I usually manage zero hours of Olympics viewing but mrguy and I watched the opening ceremonies last week. They were nothing short of stupendous.

The first summer games I can recall were in 1972. Olga Korbut made every little girl want to be a gymnast. Mark Spitz made every boy want a mustache.

As the games approached this year, I wondered what became of Mark Spitz. Then news of him suddenly appeared at the intersection of celebrity, soap and the law. Yup, he is suing Dr. Bronner for calling him a prophet and referring to him on their wackadoodle labels. Hate it when that happens.

For more on Dr. Bronner, there's a documentary.

Can't wait to see it.

1 comment:

mamamia said...

okay. You are so very funny. I finally made it to your blog and I'm LOL (I guess that's how the young folks say "laughing out loud"). I'm really enjoying it.
Keep on keeping on,
aloha,
becky

Related Posts with Thumbnails