August 3, 2008

Aloha Festival 2008

I told the newer members of the band that they'd either broil or freeze their okole today. Here's how that story evolved:

The Tahitian guys who went on before us were literally jumping up and down to keep warm backstage. And I've rarely been colder at a gig, but it was sweet and fun and a great time. Auntie Spunky's sister was heckling us from the front row. From the stage there were people as far as the eye could see.


In other news, the beer hat was working its magic. A guy stopped dead in his tracks, pointed at me and said "They selling those here?" Six month countdown to everybody everywhere wanting and wearing them.

Mrguy had one malasada left from his breakfast and kept it in his pocket as his "lucky malasada". This is what it looked like after the gig but I bet it was still tasty.


I cannot show you a picture of the turron.

They are in my tummy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails